thanks for the info. how do I set jaws to use the shift key as the insert key, and is there a f key that takes the place of the application key?

-----Original Message----- From: tim
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 10:02 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] laptop keystrokes

To answer your last question first no, all manufactures have there
own layout for keyboard. Some do have full size keyboards and are
mostly 17 inch. The smaller sizes have compact keyboards and use a FN
key as a modifier key for the f1 to f12 keys for different functions.
Some of them will have a application key and some won't.
You can set jaws to use the caps lock key for the insert key.
On my Toshiba netbook has a insert key next to the delete key and the
Toshiba 15 inch has none, and the dell aspire also has none. But all
3 do have the wireless quick shut off key controlled with the FN key
with f2, f6 and f4. So it just depends on manufacture and model for
keyboard layout.