I recently had to bite the bullet and take my computer to be repaired.  The
mousepad was turned off when I took it.
Now that I have it back the mouse is turned on and will not turn off.  I looked
up the specific command for my Dell inspiron 15-r and it was Function key plus
F3.  It said an orange light would come above the mousepad when it was turned
off.
This does not work.
There is also a flat “button above the F key row that brings up the Windows
Mobility Center that has lots of settings.  This is where I always turned the
mousepad on and off previously.  Now it says the mousepad is off and when I
press the “Turn On” button nothing changes. But the mouse is not off.
The reason this is a problem is that Jaws constantly loses focus on whichever
window I am trying to use.  Mostly it flips back to the desktop.  I am being
scrupulously careful to keep my hands well elevated above the mousepad but it
still flips off the window I have focus on.  And it does it very frequently,
usually in less than a minute.  My husband is tired of listening to me yell at
the computer so I thought I would write and see if this is a Jaws problem.
Several years ago on a different laptop I accidentally had the mousepad on and
had this loss of focus problem which disappeared when I turned the mousepad off.
But what is different this time is that I am definitely not touching the
mousepad when it jumps although it could be mostly when I am typing.
Any suggestions to help resolve the problem will be appreciated.
Sherrie Gosling