Ok, It is either a word problem or windows 7 problem And I have no idea on how
to fix it.
After the system is started I can go to my documents and click on any doc file.
I can make changes save and quit with alt f4. I can locate a different document
and again update it when finished alt f4 and confirm that I want the file saved.
Now if I use the windows key and in the search type word and launch it I get
the disclaimer that is not for business or something to that effect and my
blank document form. It does not matter if I add text and save or just use alt
f4 to close or under file select exit. Now go to my documents and click on a
file. It opens ok and I can make changes. Now I can not quit word, I get the
file in use scenario.
The only way out is to shut down windows and do a forced quit of word.
I tend to think that the problem is in word trying to close a new document.
Something is left open.
This debugging brought me  back to old mainframe debugging trying to identify
the pattern. I have not really done that for 15 years and now twice in as many
days. First the signature hyperlink and now the word problem.
---
Please visit my home page, it is motivational, educational, inspirational

with a touch of humor.
There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind.
http://LennyMcHugh.com
International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990R