From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Bharat
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:46 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Update to latest build of Jaws 14 & strange issues

Hi all,

recently, which is today, i decided to install the latest update of JAWS
14.6004. Strangely, the update hadn't been reflecting in y automatic or
manual check for updates, so i had to manually download the same.

after i downloaded it & tried to install it, the installer started
downloading something. I virtualised the window & got the below message:

"Downloading vcredist2005_x86 " & it then installed the software. my
question is, why did it have to download this component. & wht would
have happened if i weren't  connected to the internet. would the
installation have failed?

Please suggest if anyone of you also faced this issue & the probable fix
for avoiding this in future.

I must mention here that, i am not really facing any issue but am just
wondering, why JAWS would have needed to download this component &
probablly more, since all i was doing was installing an update.

thank you,

bharat.