well, i have the same problem here as well and its isn't any particular page that this happenes on it just happens at random and i can restart jaws, but it comes up with eloquence since i still have to close the window with the error. once i do that, i can switch back to my external synthesizer. and another problem i have with ie is if i simply open ie. it takes for ever for the google page to open and place me on the search edit box. if i click on a link to open, ie works just fine.

Legend has it that on Friday 9/6/2013 05:19 PM, David Ferrin said:
Can you give us a specific web page to see if anybody else has the same
problem.

David Ferrin
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from
a simpler system that worked perfectly.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Steve
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2013 12:51 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Jaws 15

I just keep hoping they can fix some of the bugs that seem to keep being
carried forward.  I can go to certain websites and Jaws locks "application
file for Jaws has encountered a problem and needs to close..."

I almost wish they could make a separate version for corrent OS and a
different one for Win 8.  I prefer Eloquence for its rapid speech so I don't
get overly excited about the new expressive Vocalizer, although it does
sound better; and my Windows 8 computer doesn't have touch screen capability
since I upgraded two-year-old laptop.

Steve