Well I not only have a mac, but a vinux setup as well. You can do everything with either one. The only thing you loose is the games made for the blind and that is it. There is no other software that doesn't have its equal in mac or vinux. But of course you also loose the windows spoon feeders that have to have every web site, program and action done on windows. The strange thing is windows with a screen reader runs a lot better on mac then what you get from the store. The reason for that is your not buying junk and left over parts. You do get what you pay for and that is why some do run windows. You shouldn't judge what you don't know, because it only shows that you really know nothing. Here is a after thought. Did you know there are over 1200 mac users on the mac visionary list. So guess all them blind people are sorry too.

At 10:23 PM 9/18/2013, you wrote:
Well, we'll see if you're singing the same tune when you try to do some of
the same things you can do on Windows. <Smile>. I love the way Apple seems
to just work, but I also don't like its limitations and it's tendency to
leave one wanting more but unable to do anything about it since Apple locks
down its software. Don't forget you're paying much more for an Apple
computer than a Windows computer. Windows applications, though not as
refined as Apple, are incredibly numerous and free for the most part. You
seemed pretty convinced you'll enjoy your Apple computer, and I hope is is
as great an experience as you believe it will be. Most individuals I know
(including blind friends) usually end up installing some sort of Windows
emulation software. In other words, "they all come right back to where they
started."

Joseph

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Head" <ath...@bigpond.net.au>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:13 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Will be unsubscribing sonn, getting a mac.

Hi all,
Just letting you all know I'll be unsubscribing in the next month or so.
The reason for this, is I'm very unimpressed with the new jaws 15 so called
features. I feel they are just enhancements, to what is already there, and
not new features at all. I feel there is false advertising going on here,
and we shouldn't have to pay for enhancements. The mac's screen reader is
built in and you don't have to pay any extra for it. You save money in the
long run not having to pay for accessibility and updates to it. Join the out
of the box accessibility revolution!!!
Also, windows is more prone to viruses and if you have an iphone, the mac
works better with it anyway.
So bye, thanks to everyone who has helped me over the years, when i've had
jaws issues, hope you all have a blessed day
God bless,
Andrew.