So far it has worked 2 out of 3 times.
the other time it sits on my Mcafee scanner.
thanks for the tip...

-----Original Message----- From: David Ferrin
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:30 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] ConfigureWindowsToGoToTheDesktopInsteadOfTheStartScreen

Giving credit where it belongs I got this from GW Micro's web page.
Information is good no matter where it comes from, and I'm often trolling
for little tips such as this. Mind you I don't have a windows 8 system but
many of you out there already do.

Press the Windows key

Type "Taskbar" into the search edit box

Down Arrow to select Taskbar and Navigation and Press Enter

Press Control-Tab to activate the Navigation tab

Press Alt-D to check the "When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go
to the desktop instead of Start" check box

Press Enter to activate the OK button and close the Taskbar and Navigation
properties dialog

David Ferrin
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones
that mind don't matter.