From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com]
On Behalf Of Scott Meyer
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2014 9:59 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Total recorder 8.4 and line in issueHow to
hear what playing on no speaker external device.

Hi
Emailed Total recorder and here is what they said.
Hello Scott Meyer,

> I hooked up the cassette player using the headphone jack (the only
> line
out available to me)to the line in of my laptop computer.

If your record player has no "line-out" jack and is connected to your
PC
soundcard with a "headset" jack, then most probably you will need to
use a
pre-amp or connect your LP player to microphone line of your soundcard
(instead of "line-in").

> but I can not hear what is being recorded.

IN Professional Edition hit the Listen while capturing button (Volume
and
Level Panel). This button turns on/off the listen-while-capturing
mode. When
the mode is on, all sound captured from the sound board is sent to
your
speakers.

Regards,
High Criteria Support Team.