Sent: Sunday, March 23, 2014 11:23 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Problems using function keys on a new computer

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite C55-A5355 Windows 7 15.6-Inch Laptop.  I
discovered to my dismay that in order to use the function keys on the top
row of the keyboard you have to press the "function" key which is located
left of the spacebar between the control key and the windows key.  Needless
to say it is quite awkward if not impossible to hold down that key+jaws
key+a function key to use many jaws specific keystrokes.  Before I
investigate returning the computer does anyone have any suggestions on how
to make the function key always be set so that the keys on the function key
row at the top of the keyboard always work as function keys so I just have
to press the Jaws key plus the function key I need, for example Jawskey+f10
to bring up the list of running programs?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg Washington