Hi,

I understand (having asked someone who's technically fairly knowledgeable, a similar question) that it's very iffy. It might, or might not, work in the case of older braille displays. Another thing is that, they were at most 16-bit, which would work on 32-bit OS's but certainly not on 64-bit (according to my understanding).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike O'Brien" <mike23...@verizon.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2014 6:36 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Where does Jaws store its braille display drivers?

Hi

I don't know if this would work for Braille displays. But on my Windows 7 machine now running JAWS 15, with no serial ports, I am using a Dectalk Express sybthesizer which plugs into a serial port. I bought a serial to USB converter and plugged the serial adaptor of the synthesizer into one end and the other end into a USB port on the machine. I bought the adaptor on
Amazon.  The one I got is made by TrendNet.  But if JAWS has actually
blocked serial Braille displays, the block would most likely be somewhere outside of the driver itself. You could ask FS if what you want to do is
possible and why they blocked them after JAWS 11.