I am having the same problem with Jaws 15 and Windows 8; it also hapend with Jaws 14.

-----Mensaje original----- From: Damien O'Connor
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2014 5:04 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] JAWS losing focus.

Hi everyone.

I'm using JAWS 14 with windows 8.1. When I open a programme E.G. internet
explorer, JAWS speaks the name Internet explorer and then nothing else. I
then arrow down but all JAWS says is "blank, blank, blank." So I've found
that I have to press shift and tab and only then will JAWS make the window
visible and speak the name of my home page text and links etc. Is there a
way of setting jaws to ensure that the window displaying the programme is
visible when the programme is opened?

Thanks

Damien.

---
Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protección de avast!
Antivirus está activa.