Hello there;

do you know the keystroke which mutes the sound?
if my memory serves me right, the keystroke is;
function key+f6.

you may want to get someone to show you, or, you can;

Why don't you just create a shortcut to system sounds on your desktop, All
you would need to do is, use the sndvol.exe shortcut, Tab once press the
spacebar, and you would have sound again.

1, go to desktop,
Windows key+m,

2, press the keystroke,
Ctrl+spacebar,
To unselect all icons.

3, press the applications key, and down arrow and enter on, New sub menu.
Or, you could;
Press applications key, "w"=new, "s"=create-shortcut.

4, now arrow and enter on,
New shortcut.

5, Now type the following in the edit box, sndvol.exe

6, tab next, press enter.
You will see/hear;
Create Shortcut
What would you like to name the shortcut?
Type a name for this shortcut:
SndVol.exe
Tab finish press enter.

Now, if you would like a hot-key,

1, desktop,
Press the letter "s" until you hear,
sndvol.exe
2, now press alt+enter to bring up the properties,

3, tab until you hear;
Shortcut key none,
Here you could type "v"=volume or what ever letter you wish, Now press
enter.
Now when you use the icon sndvol.exe, or, use the hotkey, You just tab one
time, and press the spacebar, this will unmute the sound.

        Hope this helps.