Yes that has happened to me a while bak so I don't shift tab I just continue to the apply and then tab through to see what is there in the shortcut field and then move on to the ok button.

On 5/11/2014 4:55 AM, Flor Lynch wrote:
There is also sometimes an issue in how people are going about creating the hot key. when you enter the hot key dialogue, do not use shift+tab (to go back) after you've typed in the keyboard shortcut, as that has been known to void the hot key.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph FreeTech" <joseph.freet...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2014 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] ms word 2013 is not working

What OS are you using?--this is always important information to provide.

That hotkey is probably used by Windows or is for whatever reason not
available.

Try assigning another hotkey.

If you're using Windows7 try assigning the hotkey from within the All
programs menu.

Also try locating the .exe file and use that path to create the hotkey.

Joseph the free tech guy!