I feel it my responsibility to tell you exactly what works for me.  I have
tried many approaches and one submitted by Mike Boyd in the past and also my
appreciation to Kevin, this is the only tutorial that works consistently for
me.  There are many ways of burning a CD, but for me, I needed detailed
instructions and this procedure seems to be no-fail:

Burning a Disc with Windows Media Player

1. Insert a bblank CD into your disc drive.
2. Go to that drive in "Computer."
3. Open the context menu and click on "Burn to Disc."
4. Give your disc a Name, Select the burning speed that you want, choose
what type of disc you want to burn, also, There are a couple of other
obvious selections to make.
5. Now, go back to "Computer", and navigate to the music files that you want
to burn.
6. Select the files, then open the context menu again and click on "Send
To", and then on "DVD drive."
7. The files will be copied to the disc.
8. Now go back to Windows Media Player, and tab down to the "Burn Disc"
button and press enter here.
9. It seems to take a minute or two to start the burning process, but when
it does, it will complete the burn and eject your new disc.

Thank you very much to everyone who took time to contribute.

To err is human but to really mess things up,
One needs a computer.