From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of David Ferrin
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 1:20 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] changes to the server

I found out the hard way doing such things to the registry can result in
unexpected and often highly annoying consequences.

This is why I stopped doing the windows mail hack some years ago for other
people. Try installing service pack 1 after that and you'll see what fun you
will have.

There is a deal where outlook express is able to run on windows 7 and
although I am not suggesting at this point it be included in the normal
events of the day I am taking it around the block on this test system I
recently inherited for the lack of a better word. Somebody just dropped off
a system for me to fiddle with and I upgraded it from XP to 7 on my own by
adding some extra memory then using a spare license I had on the shelf.

So far the results are good, but like I said this is a system I can recover
in just a few minutes without the fear of losing anything.
David Ferrin
ow...@jaws-users.com
Always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones
that mind don't matter.