Hello! I use Wordperfect x5 on a window 7 64-bit machine. I have the same problem you are describing. I found a way around it, and I hope it works for you. When I load Wordperfect and I can't get it to work, I simply close it with alt f4 and try again. It will usually start working on the third or fourth try. I am an old Wordperfect fan and am disappointed that x5 is a bit fluky, but if you can get it to work it is usable.

Debby

----- Original Message -----
From: Marijan Janev <jan...@gmail.com
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Date sent: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 18:29:03 +0200
Subject: [JAWS-Users] WordPerfect X5

Hi Friends,
I installed WordPerfect 15 on the Win8.1 couple days ago and I faced a strange problem. Namely, Jaws15 doesn't recognize the WP workspace at all and doesn't speek anything nor send anything to the Braille display. But jaws normal works with menus and dialogue boxes or comboboxes etc. I tried to change some values of carret and cursor presentation in the jaws settings but no luck again. Does anybody have a same experience and
is there a any medicine for this jaws behavior?
Thanks in advance.