I, too, have set Thunderbird to update automatically. Version 31 was just released July 22. Unlease updates are batched I should have been updated.
Maybe the best way to update automatically is to check not to.

When I updzated to version 31 all of my messages wsere either defined as junk or had remote content. To rid of remote content notes go to options,security and then arrow to privacy. Check the box allowing remote content and the notes go away. Ah, Thunderbird adventures.
On 7/26/2014 3:48 PM, anna vimini wrote:

From: "Mario Brusco"

To:

Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2014 1:59 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Thunderbird

31 is the latest.
----- Original Message -----
From: "anna vimini"
<an...@etown.net>

To:
<jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>

Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2014 1:10 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Thunderbird

Is thI have Thunderbird 24.6.0Is this the latest version because when I
go to the web site it says the latest version is 31.0and it says it was
released on July 22
I have my Thunderbird program to update automatically but it has not
updated as of yet so that is why I am asking if 24.6.0 is the latest
     version?