That explwhy my Thunderbird updated Saturday. I did go to Help:About and snooped around. I acted on nothing but noticed that the update was downloading.

On 7/28/2014 6:35 PM, Mario Brusco wrote:
after you go to the help menu, arrow up/down to and press the enter key on
an item called "about..". I'm assuming automatic updates is on.

if there is an update. it will download. after about 30 seconds, you should
hear something like "update and restart".

----- Original Message -----
From: "anna vimini" <an...@etown.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 2:55 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Thunderbird

I went to the help in thunderbird just like you said and nothing
happened your going to have to explain what exactly you did once in the
helpp ?
thanks in advance
Re: [JAWS-Users] Thunderbird
try going to the help menu and the about dialog (alt+h a). I bet it'll
auto update then. after about 10-40 seconds, you should get a button
titled update
and restart, or something to that effect.

----- Original Message ----- From: "anna vimini"
<an...@etown.net>