From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Jim Pursley
Sent: Saturday, August 09, 2014 10:38 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Excel 2007 & 2013: Reading Cells w/ Large Amounts
of Data

As I understand it, a line of text is accessed only in the cell at its
beginning.   I can offer no  diorect solution to your issue but I have a
work around.  Can you make a pdf of the spreadsheet?  If so, JAWS reads pdf
documents line by line, left to right if you have JAWS set up to read by
line.  The pdf will read the entire line.  I use pdf's of Excel spreadsheets
to read quickly, the spreadsheets themselves if I want to get specific.

It would be ideal if you could get the writers of the spreadsheets you read
to adopt a convention to begin text at a predefined column, though I realize
the idea is not workable if the writer wants to explain a specific number
while in the same cell.

I will be interested to see if anyone else has a better idea.
On 8/9/2014 1:19 AM, Bill Tipton (ML) wrote:
> Hello,
> I use Excel 2007 and Excel 2013 with the latest version of JAWS 15.
> How can I change some JAWS setting, use JAWS differently  or change
> Excel to read the entire contents of each cell as I arrow around in
> the spreadsheet? Reason: Some cells have many lines of text, with
> possible line feeds so the text looks appealing to sighted users. At this
point I can't even tell what cells have extra text I am missing with JAWS. I
was just in a conference call reviewing the spreadsheet and the sighted
users could see more text then I could is how I found out about this issue.