Use the shift lock key and FN key along with the function keys row. I have the same issue with my Gateway laptop.

On 8/19/2014 10:19 AM, James Eastmead wrote:
Hi;

I have a Dell Inspiron 17 laptop.  I am running Windows 8.1 and Jaws 15.

The "Function Keys" on the unit have other operations assigned to them.
Jaws uses the "insert Key in conjunction with the "Function Keys" to
activate some Jaws features.  The one that I use the most is "Insert f7",
which brings up the links list.  When I hold down the "f7 key" Jaws says
"Windows k".  If I hold down the "FN Key" and press "f7",Jaws says "f7".
Their is no way that I can hold down the "FN Key", the "insert Key", and the
"f7 Key at the same time.  How Can I fix this?  It's not just the "F7 key",
it's all of the "Function Keys".

Thank you in advance

Jim Eastmead