jaws v15 latest, windows 7 64 bit, and a gateway laptop about two years old.

On 9/6/2014 10:17 PM, Flor Lynch wrote:
What version of JAWS? How new is the computer?

----- Original Message ----- From: "leonard morris" <lmorris1...@gmail.com>
To: "jaws" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>

Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2014 1:53 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] focus 40 on a new computer

I have not used my focus 40 display on my gateway laptop. It worked
fine on the HP laptop. But, now I have the Gateway. So, I thought I
would give it a try. The braille display keys work but the Braille
display cells do not. All the ppins stay in the full cell position. I
initially got an error message stating the driver was not installed
successfully. But after disconnecting and reconnecting several times
the pins still don't work correctly. I didn't get any messages just the
windows 7 sound when you connect and disconnect the USB cable. I don't
recall but do I need to download additional drivers to make the focus
work properly?