Thanks.
Re: [JAWS-Users] sounds
sounds like there's no sound selected for that item, default beep.

1, control panel;
so type the word control from the start menu,
or, the search edit,

2, once you enter on the control app,
s=sounds,

3, now enter on sounds,
ctrl+tab until you hear;
sounds tab,

4, tab to the tree-view,

5, arrow down or, press the letter
d=default beep,

6, now use the tab key until you hear;
sounds combo box,

it's probably set to none,
press the letter w=windows background.wav

now you can tabto apply, enter,

again tab to ok press enter,

now test letter navigation on the desktop.