I like AVG. I've had good success with it but some have had problems, especially with the new interface. Best thing to do is try it and see if it works for you. Latest version is 2015. Although Microsoft Security Essentials is accessible, I'd stay away from it. I can tell you from personal experience that it is not very effective. Had one computer that MSE said was protected, but which had over 200 viruses on it. Avg found and got rid of them.

Shane