I was wondering if there's an update to this issue, and if emailing customer
support would offer any info?
I'm concerned to as how long will the definitions keep being compatible with
2014's interface. at one point, support will not be possible anymore. am I
being paranoid about this?

when I had 2013, I recall being upgraded to 2014 well before the year 2014
rolled in. now I still have 2014 because 2015 was stated to be inaccessible.
but when will 2015 be JAWS friendly? of course no one knows, but...