Bingo!  I have my documents folder back!  Thanks!  JB

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 9:01 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] can't access docujments folder

Hi J,

Try using any of the steps below:
1.  Activate windows explore "windows key+e"
2.  Tab to the command module toolbar organize button and hit enter 3.
Arrow down to the layout submenu and and right arrow to open the selections
4.  Arrow down to preview pane and if it's checked here, hit enter to
uncheck this item.

If it's not checked here, press the alt key to exit the menu with no
changes.
Mike

From:
David
Hello there;

Also, Alt + P, will check or uncheck the Preview pane while in a open
dialogue box in Word 2010.
David
From:
Gene
Another list member sent instructions for how to do this, which you may not
have seen.  I'll tell you how this is done in case you missed it.
That's where I learned how to turn it on or off.

When you are in a drive or folder, shift tab until you get to a button that
says organize.  You are on a tool bar.  Start right arrowing through the
items in the tool bar and you will get to a check box that says viewpane.
If it is unchecked, it's off.  If it's checked, it's on.  My guess is that
it is off by default.

Gene
From: david

1, computer,

2, alt+t=tools,

3, o=options,

4, shift+tab to general,

5, right arrow to view,

6, tab to the tree-view,

7, press the letter s=Show preview handlers in preview pane-On Press
spacebar to set to off, Now tab okay press enter.
David
HTH
Take care.
Mike