From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Gopi Bala
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2015 11:28 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] new mobile App - Be My Eyes.

A new mobile app was released recently that I thought some of you may be
interested in.  The app connects blind people with volunteer helpers from
around the world via live video chat.

A blind person requests assistance in the Be My Eyes app. The challenge that
he/she needs help with can be anything from knowing the expiry date on the
milk to navigating new surroundings.  The volunteer helper receives a
notification for help and a live video connection is established. From the
live video the volunteer can help the blind person by answering the question
they need answered.

There is a rating and reporting system to help minimalize misuse.

Their website can be found here:

http://www.bemyeyes.org/

Right now it is only available on IOS / Apple.  You can register to be
notified of an Android release here:

http://bemyeyes.us6.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=e7bc4d93c409f117307da5764
<http://bemyeyes.us6.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=e7bc4d93c409f117307da5764&i
d=6715c5a0ea> &id=6715c5a0ea

If anyone chooses to give this a try, please provide feedback to the group
on your thoughts.  As this is a new concept and app, I am sure there will be
problems with it, but will get better as time goes on and the volunteer
network grows stronger.

Cheers!

Gopi