I'm also an author and never thought about how a sighted writer gets a blank
line.  Obviously I work alone.  If the wanted result is the blank line what
difference does it make how you get it?

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Annette Carr
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 7:34 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Making blank lines appear between paragraphs in
Word 2010?

As a screen reader user, I prefer to use the technique of pressing the Enter
key twice to place a blank line between paragraphs.  However, sighted people
like to adjust the paragraph settings.  This drives me crazy as the only way
that I have been able to figure out that they used this approach was to dig
through the paragraph settings.  So when I am co-authoring a document with a
sighted co-worker, we have to agree on which technique we are using.

I'm not sure if Insert+F will give you information about the height of a
blank line.  I never thought of using that command when I was dealing with
this problem.

HTH,
Annette