Hi David,
That $0.10 you are getting per word.  You can add that to my bill. Ha Ha

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of David Ferrin
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 9:21 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] more about bouncing email messages and what to do

First let me explain what a bouncing message is and the 2 types there are.

Now this list generates a huge amount of email during the course of an
average day. For example once I send this message out to the list the server
will send a copy to everybody who is set to receive mail currently over 600
members.

Now as we all know the internet is perfect and nothing ever goes wrong. I
almost couldn't keep a straight face while writing that last sentence. So
let's say the impossible happens and somebody's message doesn't get
delivered because their ISP is down or some other imaginary condition. Then
that message bounces back to the server. At that point the Mailman server
program makes a note of it and after a few such bounces stops sending out
messages to you. Then it sends out reactivation notices which I will post a
sample of at the end of this long email.

The other type is when somebody does not check their email for a time and
their inbox fills up and can't hold any more messages. Kind of like when you
go to leave a voice message only to hear the voice mailbox is full and can't
receive any more messages.

Of course as we all know everybody on here checks their email 14 times a day
so that can't possibly happen either.

So say that it is at a point where 40 people post in a short period of time
when somebody else's' email starts bouncing. All of a sudden the server is
getting 40 messages bouncing from person X, so it disables that account. All
that means is at that point it is going to send out notices.

If you simply hit reply and send on the notice your account is reactivated.
If you don't after a few days the server will simply remove you because that
is how it is programmed to react.

Believe me boys and girls having done bounce handling manually on Yahoo
groups it was like a birthday present to have the server do it for us. I
remember Rick saying "oh no, say it isn't so" when I told him about it.
Pretty nice for us all right.

Even if you get removed by the server for bouncing messages you are still
free to sign up again.

Although we have done it the fact is unless you do something pretty bad you
can still join up again hopefully after reviewing the guidelines more
closely, but I digress. Yes in case you're wondering we can block somebody
from returning to the list if need be, but it's been quite a while since the
last time we did that particular thing.

So now it is time for an example message from the Mailman server. I hope
everybody has followed along, I'm getting $0.10 for word.