Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 12:11 PM
To: jaws-users-list
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Reading a Microsoft Word document with JAWS on a computer that came with Microsoft Office 2013 that was never used or activated

Hi

I'm trying to set up a friend's new computer, Windows 7 64 bit, to be able
to read the occasional Word document he may have.  This computer came with
Microsoft Office 2013.  But no Office program has been run as a demo or
activated.  I installed the Microsoft Office Word viewer and the
Compatibility pack for the Office 2007 system.  When I open a Word 2003 or
2007 document in Microsoft Office Word Viewer, the text of the document
appears on the screen and can be read using the JAWS cursor.  But the PC
cursor does not find anything to read at all.  So I'm looking for
suggestions to make Microsoft Word Viewer work or another alternative.

Thanks for the help.