I sincerely wish to thank everyone for all the help I received on this issue.

Yesterday, I purchased a LG-CdD/DVD burner-24x-USB/2.0-R/RW  for $24.00

Thanks goes to Mike Boyd for advising me on exactly what to buy and what not
too. I couldn't have done that without your help Mike!

So, I just plugged it to laptop, and Window's found the drivers, hurray, hurray!

I have now successfully installed my Office product, that little burner I do
believe works better than the one I have in the laptop.

Now I can get on with my daily life tasks using Excel for those tasks. I tried
to create something using "note-pad" just nothing works as good as Excel (JMO)

I'm sorry for taking lot of time on list for this problem last weekend seemed
like it was ongoing, but all is good now!

Many many many thanks for everyone helping me!!

Trish