There might also be a touch bar above the function keys affecting things. I have one of those on my Toshiba.

Sunny Day
Maria Campbell
luc...@ct.metrocast.net

Blaise Pascal

On 3/30/2015 6:19 PM, Scorpio Forever wrote:
Hi Sherri,

It's most likely the touch pad located just below your keyboard.

You have to turn the touch pad sensitivity level down, so it's not picking up your palm movements and the like.

Alternatively, you can turn the touch pad completely off, but if sighted users use the laptop also, this may present a problem for them when they go to use the computer, though some laptops have a hotkey to turn the touch pad on and off.

Alternatively, you can tape a piece of paper over the touch pad, so that your hand isn't making contact with the pad itself.

This is what a friend of mine did, it it turned out to be successful.

If you need more information on how to perform the above tasks, send us your laptop manufacturer, model and if possible, your serial number, and someone, more than likely me, can send you the relevant text from your laptop's manual. Well, except for the taping part, that one you'll have to manage on your own. LOL.

Hope this helps.

Scorpio