Thanks to both Mike and Brian,

I likely won't get back to this project until Friday, but I'm looking forward to trying the approaches you provided. I know the form wasn't designed with any thought of accessability, so we'll see.

Shari
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Lee" <brianl...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 12:56 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Marking check boxes in Word 2010

Hello Mike and Shari,

The message Mike referred to applied to Word's legacy form elements.  If
JAWS key with F5 doesn't list form fields and F11 doesn't find the fields
then it is quite possible that the text box with checkboxes were inserted as
content controls.  The last I knew JAWS doesn't work well with content
controls. If content controls were used Shari might try CTRL+Shift+O, which will list the objects in the document including textboxes inserted from the Word ribbon and not drawn. In the list of objects arrow to the textbox and press enter key. Use right arrow key and if JAWS says out of field then use
left arrow back into it.  JAWS will say "check box not checked" or "check
box checked" and if focus is truly on the checkbox then the spacebar will
check or uncheck it. However, I have found this works at times and doesn't
work well at other times.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net