Thanks; will save information. Will replace when JAWS 17 comes out. He has 8.1, loves it, so I'll share this with him. Thanks again.

GIFT (God is forever true),

Carolyn

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Moore" <jesusloves1...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2015 6:18 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] NEW COMPUTER, WINDOWS 8.1 MUCH BETTER THAN WINDOWS 7

Hi, I read you want to get a new computer with your sighted husband.
Windows 8.1 is great, because there are more keyboard commands and you
can have your computer start up on the desktop.  With Windows 8.1, you
get to use the start screen with all of the apps tiles on it.  Here's
the thing.  When you press the windows key, even though you are on a
app screen instead of the start menu, you can just start typing your
search just like you do in Windows 7.  Also, the control panel has a
search box as well.  I love this!  With Windows 8.1, the files
explorer is much better than Windows explorer in Windows 7.  All you
have to do with 8.1, is to press the windows+E, and shift tab once.
Under this PC, you have every single folder you ever need.  Documents,
downloads, your hard drive, for example.  All you have to do is press
enter on documents, for example, and tab to the contents of the
documents folder.  But, here is the best thing about Windows 8.1!
There are many many key commands you can navigate with by pressing the
Windows key + a letter.  For example, if you press windows + X, you
get a small list of choices with control panel right there, the task
manager right there, and so on.  These windows + a letter commands
will get you where you need to go much much faster than using windows
7.  Also, Freedomscientific over the last year, has done many many
free webinars on using JAWS with 8.1!  If you listen to Dan Clark
teaching in all of these webinars, you will celebrate you bought
Windows 8.1 instead of the old Windows 7.  Write me off-line, and I
will tell you much more about why you should have Windows 8.1!  So
many people on this list don't know what they are missing.  Being able
to use the touch cursor to use the apps excites me so much, because
that is what so many sighted people are using now!  Take care and go
Windows 8.1!  I don't know if I even want to mess with Windows 10!  I
love what I have with 8.1!!!!!!!!