I want to try to clear this up.  The JAWS key enables someone to
perform a JAWS command.  The Caps, insert, or other key you set as
your JAWS key does just that.  The JAWS key allows you to perform JAWS
commands.  What this person is saying is that they do not have ANY
insert key on their personal laptop to use if they want to use as a
true insert key.  The insert key is on a computer to do more than
perform JAWS commands.  They want to know what to do if they truly
want to use an insert key for other things besides using it as a JAWS
command.  Sorry, I can't remember who this is, but do you mean that
your laptop has no insert key at all or do you mean that it has no num
pad insert key.  All laptops I have worked with have an insert key
somewhere, even if, there is no num pad.  I have two laptops that have
no num pad, but there is an insert key either on the very top row of
keys, usually it is to the right of the function keys.  If it is not
there, it could be also be in a column of keys that goes down the very
right hand side of the keyboard.  If there really is no insert key at
all on that laptop, that would be a first for me.  You will have to
buy an external keyboard.  BT keyboards are cheap and they work great!
 I wish you the best!