From: JAWS-Users-List
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of
Rick Justice
Sent: Monday, May 11, 2015 9:49 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Long repeating subject lines

Hi Al,
I suspect that the tags are probably a result of message
filters on the ISP's mail server, and your guess is as good
as mine as to whether or not the account holder can change
them on the server end.
I have seen tags such as Spam, bulk, and external, enclosed
in brackets.
I know that you can have Yahoo download what it sees as Spam
messages, and mark them as such, because by default it seems
that it doesn't normally download messages from your Spam
folder on their server.
Also, it seems that the "bulk", tag doesn't show on some
messages until the original poster posts a second time to
the original message.
In other words, if you post a message that says "test", and
then I reply to your post, no tag is placed on that message,
however, if you reply to that thread, then your message may
have the "bulk"
tag.
If there are a number of messages passing thru a particular
mail server with the same subject line, I suppose that could
trigger a corresponding tag to be placed on the messages
being downloaded.
Doing some research would no doubt reveal the direct cause
of the tags, but it would be much easier to ignore them as I
do. smile This is just my guess, someone else on-list may
have more knowledge on the subject than me.

HTH,
Rick Justice

Tomorrow's another day, another way!
and if tomorrow never comes, problem solved!