From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Mike Boyd
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 11:21 PM
To: jaws-users-list
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] looking for a program to find and get rid of
Windowserrors

Hi,

You will want to open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows logo key
+ the letter R. then type in "sfc /scannow" without the quotes of
+ course,
and the system file checker will start scanning your Windows files for
missing and corrupted files. It should take less than an hour for the scan
to run, and at the end, the scanner will report the system's status to you.
It will say that:

1. There were no corruptions found,
2. That there were corruptions found and fixed, or 3. There were Corruptions
found, but they could not be repaired.

If the latter one appears, you would need to run a repair on your Windows,
using either a repair or the installation disk, and you will probably need
some sighted assistance, as you have to boot into safe mode to accomplish
this.

hth,
Mike
mike....@comcast.net