Thanks. I noticed that in the run dialogue there is a space between sfc and
/scannow. Is that space supposed to be there?
Neil

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of TheHangMan
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:37 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Rejected e-mails I did not send

Hi Neil,
This was posted last week,

Removing windows error program:
 You will want to open the Run dialogue box by pressing the Windows
> logo key + the letter R. then type in:
 sfc /scannow
 without the quotes of course,
 and the system file checker will start scanning your Windows files for
missing and corrupted files. It should take less than an hour for the  scan
to run, and at the end, the scanner will report the system's  status to you.

> It will say that:

 1. There were no corruptions found,
 2. That there were corruptions found and fixed, or 3. There were
Corruptions found, but they could not be repaired.
 If the latter one appears, you would need to run a repair on your  Windows,
using either a repair or the installation disk, and you will
> probably need some sighted assistance, as you have to boot into safe
 mode to accomplish this.

SFC /Scannow will detect and fix most corrupted windows files, but depending
on just how corupted your operating system is, it can also report at the end
of the scan that there were corupted files detected that could not be
repaired, and  that you should try  using a recovery method or just
reinstall Windows. Most people do not see this message however.

I did not see that, and did not pay too much attention.

                                        Jorge