Hi,
I am also using one of these units and I think that this might be a
bug. What happens when you unload JAWS, put the computer to sleep,
wake it up and turn JAWS back on? Do you get speech from the DecTalk
USB then? Also, I notice that capital letters are announced at a
higher pitch when one backspaces verses when you write a capital
letter. Have you noticed this?