Well I now have it where you can get to the internet. There were quite a few
viruses on that machine. The one browser.exe hijacked the internet
connection. When malwarebytes cleaned the system it took that virus out and
all internet connections associated with it. The virus had stopped the
system from doing updates as well. When finally connected it did 69 updates.
Now I still have a problem that I can not figure out yet. When IE is
launched it goes to a safe search page. I can not get rid of it. in internet
options both in control panel or through IE I delete that and set a new page
as default. When IE is launched safe search is back.
I do think that I will be looking for a new antivirus program for her. She
is using windows defender and the fact that 1,051 infections were removed
tells me that it is not working on her machine.
If I can not get IE working I probably will install firefox for her to use.
Off to do some searching about that problem.

---

Please visit my web page

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com

International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990R