Thanks for intelligent answer to a rather obtuse question.

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right." Henry Ford.

Carolyn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarl...@sbcglobal.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2015 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: using a dongle

The point of a dongle is to allow a copy of JAWS on a particular computer to run without an ILM authorization. For example, you could have 10 computers,
each with JAWS installed, but you're limited to 3 ILM authorizations. For
the other 7 computers, you would walk up to it, plug in the dongle, and then
you can run JAWS on that computer without being in 40-minute demo mode.
Remove the dongle, and it's back to 40-minute demo mode.

The dongle does not have a copy of JAWS on it -- it only removes the need
for the ILM authorization.

I find it most useful when JAWS decides to completely crash on a Friday
night, and I have no ILM authorizations remaining. If I didn't have the
dongle, I'd be stuck with 40-minute mode until the next business day. The
dongle allows me to get back to work. I carry it with me on trips, for that
very reason -- emergency authorization.

Don't confuse the dongle with the thumb drive version of JAWS.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, Engineer, Musician, and pioneer

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Robbins" <arobb...@blindhandyman.net>