From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Greg Wocher
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Windows 8 Shortcuts

Hello,
Once you find it using the start screen:
1. Right click or use the applications key to bring up the context menu.
2. Arrow down until you hear open file location.
3. Hit enter on this.
4. Once the Once this is open arrow down until you hear the item that will
open up the program.
5. Once hear right click or use the applications key to brinhg up the
context menu.
6. Arrow till you hear the send to menu and press the right arrow to move
into it.
7. Once in the send to menu arrow down until you hear create shortcut on the
desktop and press enter.
Your shortcut should now be on your desktop.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

Follow me on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/GWocher
Visit my resume at:
http://www.gtwebdesign.us

On 6/22/2015 4:30 AM, Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> On Windows 8, if I locate something on the start button or whatever it's
replacement is called, is there a way to place a shortcut on the desktop to
this, like you used to be able to do wby right clicking a start menu option?

> Many thanks in anticipation,

> This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the
> intended recipient please inform the sender that you have received the
message in error before deleting it.
> Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or
take any action in reliance on its contents: