From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of David Ferrin
Sent: July-06-15 10:11 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] using multiple sound cards

Although it is true I have never used a system with multiple internal sound
cards I have worked on a few remotely. On this system I am typing on I am
using 3 sound cards, 2 of them being USB.

It is no more difficult than working with a single card although you do have
more options to pick from. For example the internal card is used for system
sounds, playing music ETC. The second card is used for JAWS exclusively with
a small speaker hooked to it. The third is a USB headset for Skype and audio
chat sites like:

http://www.vipconduit.com

I was captain of the tech team over there for several years until I needed a
sabbatical, although I am still active on it.

So multiple sound cards are no major problem once everything is configured.

David Ferrin
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from
a simpler system that worked perfectly.