I agree with you. I am planning to wait until most of the bugs are fix and jaws 17 is out for several months. I am thinking of downloading 10 next spring and getting jaws at the same time.

-----Original Message----- From: John M.
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2015 5:05 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] WINDOWS 10, OBSERVATIONS AND ANALYSIS

John,
I completely agree with you. I have always recommended to my clients (both
sighted and blind) that they wait at least until service pack one is
released for any new operating system or major software package. It blows me
away how many people want to jump right in to a new operating system (be it
Microsoft or Apple) on the first day that it is released. And then for
months, they bombard the lists with complaints about things not working as
they expected. As I have said for more years than I care to mention, if it
is doing the job that needs to be done, leave it alone.
That is why I am still using Jaws 14 on my main desktop, even though I have
the SMA to upgrade it. I did not like some of the issues I found with Jaws
15 and 16, and 14 is working just fine for me.
Also, there are plenty of high-end Windows 7 laptops and desktops available
from sources such as NewEgg and eBay, that can be purchased for a fraction
of their original price. I recently purchased two beautiful Lenovo
Thinkpads, for about 15% of what they sold for new just three years ago.

John M.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Justice" <john_just...@verizon.net>