If one has placed an order on the computer and is trying to return it on the
computer one should not have to use the phone.  Some of us don't want to
spend time sitting on hold, slogging through menus and spend an hour doing
something they should be able to do in minutes.  I happen to be one of those
persons, I hate sitting on hold, dislike the music and the advertisements,
hate being transferred multiple times to finally get the right person.  I'd
love to have a person around who would do that kind of stuff for me, my late
husband did mainly over the last years because I was working.  I am not now
but I want to just give up entirely after spending hours on such detritus.
I want to order from the computer, communicate and walk away for a while.
Given any choice at all I will use the computer over the phone for anything
dealing with supposed customer support.  Cousin loves the phone, thinks she
gets something accomplished, I let her do it if at all possible and I spend
time in another room.  Customer service is, in my humble opinion usually so
frustrating that I am tempted to have the phone taken out.
Nothing worse than waiting and waiting for the correct person to assist and
it happens all the time.
Point being made is every part of a purchase or return should be accessible
to everyone!

Rose Combs
roseco...@q.com
A picture may be worth a thousand words but it takes up three times the
memory!