From: David Ferrin
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] the get windows 10 appears on my system tray

Removing KB3035583

To remove KB3035583, first open Windows Update and click "Installed Updates"
in the bottom-left corner.
 To quickly find KB3035583, you can sort by name. Once you've located it,
right-click and choose "Uninstall".
When you select to uninstall this update, you'll be asked to confirm and
then you will need to restart your computer.
 Once your computer restarts, the "GWX.exe" and its associated "GWXUX.exe"
applications will be removed and the system tray icon and resulting dialog
will go away permanently.

If the Icon Returns
 Some readers have noted that KB3035583 returns if you don't hide it. If you
have Windows updates set to download and install automatically, this means
that if you uninstall this update, it will be reinstalled automatically a
few days later.
 To hide the KB3035583 update and prevent it from being reinstalled,
right-click on it in the Windows Update application and select "Hide
update".
After, the update's selection box will be grayed out and cannot be checked.
>From hereon, the update will be hidden whenever you reopen Windows Update
unless you decide to restore it.

David Ferrin
A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from
a simpler system that worked perfectly.