Go to your desktop and then use the alt f4 and there is your shutdown
options.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of petras
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 5:49 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] windows 10 doesn't shut down

Hieahow do I force a full shut down on my laptop, simply hitting altogether
fbled will just close what I'm doing, but not bringing the shut down dialog.
When I hit the power button in the start menu, it will just put it into
sleep.  How do I force my laptop to shut down what I'm doing?  I dont want
rforce it by holding the power button for 10 seconds, because it would force
the update to stop to.  I'm using windows 10.  My windows 7 and earlier
never had this problem.