can this be done in windows 10,
whenever my brother helps me he'll mute the sound because I have jaws to start on computer startup! he very often forgets to unmute the volume and leaves before I can get back on the computer.

-----Original Message----- From: Steve
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2015 9:42 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] keystroke to mute/unmute

If you are using Win 7 or 8,

1. Run command Windows-R together
2.  Type "sndvol" without the punctuation marks and press enter.
3. If you accidentally muted your speakers, tab once and press the spacebar. This should unmute them.

This is for cases when you muted everything from your soundcard. If you just muted Jaws, insert-space followed by the layered keystroke S should unmute it.

Steve
----- Original Message ----- From: Tom