Either way is fine, whatever works best for you is my advice. I download the file because I have multiple systems to update around here.

-----Original Message----- From: Pinky
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 6:05 PM
To: JAWS-Users-List 2
Subject: [JAWS-Users] updating JAWS 16

Hi Everyone.

I know on this list people have advise to go to the FS site and download the
update from there. I went and downloaded the file JAWS 16.0.4350 which I
believe is the last update for JAWS 16.  I understand it is better and safer
to download this file then to just update it from the message that comes up
on my pc every time I start JAWS. Please let me know if this is the correct
or safest way to update my JAWS.

Ed