Hi.
The ribbon is making things different here. If you can learn how to explore ribbons that'll be helpful, but in the meantime, ctrl+shift+n as in new is a handy shortcut that works in windows 7 and up to create a new folder without needing the menu bar or ribbon.

Cheers, Aaron Spears, general Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates Developing "very good audiogames" for the blind community http://valiantGalaxy.com Sent with Thunderbird 38.2.0 portable