From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Pablo Morales
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2015 10:28 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Windows Tablets

Hi tom,
Ok, I am going to talk about my own experience. I am not going to say that
my experience should be true for everybody, because likes are different for
everybody.
I am totally blind, and by experience, if I work in a small tablet, for me
is very easy to search something on the screen with my fingers if I am not
able to find it with the keyboard. It happen some times when the
accessibility is not the best in some kind of web pages or programs.
Probably for a person using magnification, a large screen is better because
their degree of sight is going to be better due to the large screen. Both
tablets that I have are 10.8  inches, they are not the smaller tablets in
the market. But they are the smaller with good processors. My Microsoft
tablet has an i5 processor with 8 Gb of ram, it has just 10.8 inches. It is
not the newer tablet in the market now, it is a surface pro 2, around 2
years old, but still the surface pro 3  and surface pro 4  are with i5
processors and 8 gb of ram. So I paid half part of the current price of
those Microsoft surface pro 3 or 4, but I have a surface pro 2 with the same
hardware. Again, the size for me is important because is easier to find
things on the screen, and also is easy to carry a tablet of 10.8 inches than
other of 13.6 inches. But I don't want to create discussions about which
tablet is better. It is my experience. Only my experience.
In my work, I use another tablet dell venue pro 11, it has 10.8 inches, and
it has a atom 2.3ghz processor, with only 8gb of ram. It is a tablet very
limited if I compare with my personal tablet, but it still is very fast and
I am able to work with office 2013, and inside a intranet. My Dell tablet
has a keyboard very nice, that is metal as the tablet, and the keyboard and
the tablet are attached. When I close the keyboard and the tablet, they
looks like a mini laptop, very comfortable and nice. Also the keyboard
provide extra battery to the tablet. It looks very professional.
About accessibility?
In both tablets, Microsoft and dell, jaws works and NVDa works very well.

,
important. I chose the
,